Can I use peroxide on my 3 month old?
Don’t use rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or iodine. Not only will they cause more pain – they may also slow healing. If you’re dealing with a cut, position the bandage so that it gently pulls the edges of the skin together.
How do you disinfect a baby wound?
What to Do:
- Rinse the wound thoroughly with water to clean out dirt and debris.
- Wash the wound with a mild soap and rinse well. …
- Cover the wound with a sterile adhesive bandage or sterile gauze and adhesive tape.
- If the bandage gets wet, remove it and apply a new one. …
- Check the wound daily.
Can I use Neosporin on my 1 year old?
Neosporin should not be used on a child younger than 2 years old without medical advice.
What do you put on a baby’s cut finger?
Small Cuts or Scratches:
- For any bleeding, put direct pressure on the wound. Use a gauze pad or clean cloth. …
- Wash the wound with soap and water for 5 minutes.
- For any dirt in the wound, scrub gently.
- For any cuts, use an antibiotic ointment (such as Polysporin). …
- Cover it with a bandage (such as Band-Aid).
Is hydrogen peroxide safe for babies ears?
You also can try hydrogen peroxide mixed with an equal amount of room temperature water. Place 2 drops of the fluid, warmed to body temperature, in the ear 2 times a day for up to 5 days. As soon as the wax is loose and soft, all that is usually needed to remove it from the ear canal is a gentle, warm shower.
How do you treat an infected baby finger?
Soak it in warm water. You can also put a warm wet cloth on the wound. Do this for 10 minutes 3 times per day.
- Use an antibiotic ointment (such as Polysporin).
- No prescription is needed.
- Put it on the wound 3 times a day.
- If the area could become dirty, cover with a bandage (such as Band-Aid).
How can I soothe my baby’s itchy skin?
Soak in a bath and smear on ointment.
After letting your child soak in a lukewarm bath, smear a thick layer of moisturizing ointment on all of your child’s skin. When the skin is very itchy, using an eczema friendly ointment like petroleum jelly provides more relief than a cream or lotion.
What antibiotic cream is safe for babies?
NEOSPORIN® + Pain Relief Cream for Kids is a fast-absorbing cream that soothes painful cuts, scrapes, and burns while helping prevent infection.